It's been a while since I've posted to the blog. My camera kicked the bucket due to water damage, and I am not as motivated to post when I don't have cute new pics... But I will try and post anyhow and see about getting a new camera. Mom arrived on the 6th, and so she has been here about a week. It has been SO nice! Nealon just has the biggest smile on his face when he sees her in the morning, and is just having the best time being spoiled by his Grand. So far we've been berry picking out at Sauvie Island, to Multnomah Falls, to two kickball games, and had dinner with Sarah Marie. We'll have dinner with Brooke tomorrow, go out for drinks with Rob Le soon, and are hoping to visit Peg on the The Land Saturday. Then SUnday we plan to attend a free Family Museum Day in donwtown PDX followed by a BBQ at Chris's old boss's house.
We have sampled local pinot gris, and last night we tried out the Rogue Portland Sesquicentennial Ale and the Bridgeport Stumptown Tart Cherry Wheat Ale, brewed here in PDX. We still have the Mom Hefeweizen and Hazelnut Brown Nectar to try.
Nealon is so close to walking, and trying to talk all the time. I'm sure he is saying things that I don't pick up on. Last night he was so cute dipping his falafel chips into the hummus and eating them. He would share with me and want to feed me too. He is the sweetest baby! He is still crying every morning when I leave, so that is hard - but I know that he shakes it off shortly after I'm gone.
Chris has been around very sparsely since Mom arrived, taking advantage of the opportunity to study round the clock. He is putting in so much hard work studying for the Bar exam, that I know he will pass on his first attempt. He is so smart, and he is really putting in all the effort with his studies.
We finally sent out an invite for Nealon's 1st birthday, which is July 30. We will be having a picnic in the park on August 2 - so we are looking forward to that. We will also have to have a post-bar celebration when Chris has the Bar exam behind him on the 30th, Nealon's actual birthday. I haven't figured out what that will look like yet, but I'm sure we'll fugure it out.
Chris's birthday is also coming up on August 10th. We had hoped to go to Hawaii after the Bar exam, which we haven't absoluetly ruled out - but it will be difficult for us to afford so we may have to wait and go at a later time.
It is just SO nice to have Mom here, caring for Nealon during the day and keeping me company in the evenings and on the weekends while Chris is studying. I'd be SO bored without here, and she has been such a big help.
The sad part is that she left her camera in Panama City, and that mine is broken. So we have been missing lots of good pics!! I think I may just have to pick up a cheapie in the meantime and just scan them into the computer like in the old days.
Until then, just know that it is absolutely beautiful here, the weather has been cool, and that summertime in PDX is pretty awesome.
The job is going very well. Very interesting and challenging work. Nice boss, nice people, nice office, etc. Couldn't really ask for a better situation.
Loving life. Hope you are still tuning in. More soon.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Rachel, I still enjoy reading your blogs, even without the pics! Aren't moms the best? Plus it's so good to have one-on-one time for the kiddies.
(P.S.) Use the credit card for Hawaii! You should totally go for it because you won't have the time later!
sounds like a great day arrived with your Mom....I know everybody loves it....who can believe a whole year ago that boy came swimming into this world...what a doll....I am at home at the Airstream now...in Maine...the hand is ok clinically, I think...still very gross cosmetically...hoping for quick through healing....keep it all going...your Mom is so lucky to be there...Enjoy each other ...so glad the job is sweet.....love you...
Post a Comment