Saturday, December 19, 2009

Catching up ...

I'm finished with my finals for the semester, and thought it's about time to post some new pics to the blog. I haven't even been taking that many photos or videos in the last couple of months -- so I took a bunch today to try to make up for it.

This morning I caught an estate sale (I am becoming somewhat of a bargain shopping addict) and picked up Nealon two baby grand pianos (at $15 each, I had to have both), a wooden mother goose with a voice box, and a little red car called "Santa's Sleigh." It was fun. I wore him in the Ergo and he ate dried cranberries.

Here are some new Nealon pics:







Nealon is saying "hi" and "bye," and "mama" and "appa" (daddy in Korean). Today, he learned the sign for kitty. He knows how to sign for milk, more, all done, and water, in addition to pointing, a lot of "uh uhs" and other non-verbal communication such as bringing us his boots, pounding on the door, bringing a diaper when he needs a change (he is probably ready for some potty training at this point), etc.

A friend of ours in town, a stay-at-home mom, did the whole elimination communication thing and hasn't changed a diaper since her kid was 3 months old! Sometimes I feel guilty about all the diapers that we have trashed over the course of the last year and half, but our lifestyles were just not cut out for all-linen or elimination communication.

Nealon is just as sweet as he could be. AND we are going to be flying to HAWAII on my birthday, Dec. 24, for the holidays! We will be back January 6! I am SO excited about getting my summer clothes out of storage and flying to the islands! Hoping to find a classy one-piece swimsuit on sale in the off-season tomorrow -- but not so excited about the last minute Christmas shopping nightmare of the mall! We went down Hawthorne the other day trying to find a Vintage swimsuit, but that turned out to be a waste of time. No swimsuits.

I WILL be updating my blog from Hawaii with photos from the BEACH, so stay tuned, if you are still checking in with me.

1 comment:

Terrie said...

oh, the photo of Nealon standing at the baby grand is fantastic....start him now on music....how does elimination communication work....I'll have to look that up online...have a great birthday and trip...sounds like something you will love....lots of photos, please...we will stay tuned...don't want to miss anything....Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday and a Peaceful New Year.....