My first year of law school is finally finished, as of Friday. Now my number one priority can actually be my diet and exercise. I weighed in at 175.9 at my appointment yesterday, and I started at around 135. This summer I'll be clerking part-time mostly remotely for Lorena Reynolds. See www.reynoldslaw.us/ Chris will be starting work next Monday at the Department of the Interior Office of the Regional Solicitor here in Portland. We'll also both be taking Constitutional Law II from the end of May til the end of June at Lewis & Clark.
Then, it will be baby time. I am seriously hoping to have a home birth and have a consultation scheduled with Vivante Nurse Midwives. The midwife, Linda Glenn, is also a midwife at OHSU - the hospital where I have been going for my prenatal visits. FMI, see www.vivante-nm.com/
We are having a baby shower this Saturday with our friends from L&C. We are planning to make chocolate haupia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haupia)and key lime pies. I just realized that the bottle of lime juice and fixings that I usually grab off the shelf in FL and mix with cool whip is probably not going to be something I'll find on the shelf here, so I am going to have to learn a new recipe (without using raw eggs).
I started a couple of baby registries online at BabiesRUs and punkinbutt.com. Our BabiesRUs registration number is 53125384, and you can search for our registry on punkinbutt by using my name, Rachel O'Neal (with the apostrophe), and selecting baby as the event. Punkinbutt is having some technical difficulties so it says that everything on the registry is out of stock when, in fact, everything is in stock. Iris already made an order from there, which I have received, so the orders go through fine even though the default says that everything is out of stock.
Of course, the registries are just wish lists, and we have already received plenty of clothes, a carseat, a crib for borrow if we need, a breast pump, and more - so we're in pretty good shape.
I'll post pics from the shower after Saturday!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment