While Portland's weather is dreary for the overwhelming majority of the year, you gotta love a city that has electric car charging stations and a city-wide compost collection system.
It's a shame that cities like Pensacola, Florida have still not figured out how to manage a curbside recycling system or recycle its own post-hurricane wood waste. It's also a damn shame that cities like Panama City, FL not only haven't figured out how to recycle, but also throw all their plastic garbage bags into an incinerator and burn it for everybody to breathe.
SM and I were discussing this yesterday: Portland is too cloudy, gray-skied, and sunless, and FL is too behind the times and polluted... So, where will end up? SM says she is going to be a Cali girl, but I just don't know.
2 comments:
California is so expensive....but I can see Sarah Marie as a California girl.....you guys are not helping me talk Ray into relocating to OR....he hates to be cold and wet.....it must be really bad for you to consider giving up life in such a progressive environment because of the cold, wet, gray.....do you have a full spectrum light bulb....that might help......
I have the full spectrum light - and I haven't been using it. So silly. It's true that OR is cold and wet most of the time. I think if you decide to live here, you should just plan on getting out of the state a time or two during the winter wet season (November 'til June) and get some sun somewhere. Similarly, I haven't made a very good case for Florida to Chris - if I ever get the itch to move back. And, no, I cannot see myself as a California girl. Maybe future job opportunities will help lighten my path - and make this decision easier. We'll see. Until then, I'll be in Portland.
Post a Comment