So, the interview today went really well, I thought. The attorneys are both super awesome - and laid back. The senior partner was wearing a polo shirt, shorts, and New Balance shoes. The associate wore jeans, a collared shirt, sweater, and Reef sandals. Both were super chill, enviro, Obama-lovin' kind of guys - but both very knowledgeable and experienced at the same time. The named partner has had the same secretary for over 30 years, and the same paralegal for 20 years, so that is a good sign that people continue to want to work there for decades. AND, the last clerk they had was the first attorney I interviewed with - so, there is a good chance that I might have a potential associate position if I get the job and all goes well. The job would offer lots of practical experience sitting in on depositions, attending court appearances, and the like -- as well as research, drafting documents, and reviewing discovery documents.
The cases would be cutting edge complex product liability, medical malpractice, and personal injury suits. So, it would be practically perfect. They did, however, ask if I was married and had kids and if my having a kid would interfere with my ability to put in the time. That was surprising, but at least the question was followed up with a statement that they are a very family friendly office. The associate attorney has two kids, and says he mostly works 8-5 or 6, so that's reassuring.
Now, I just have to cross my fingers and figure out a child care situation for Nealon. My thank you cards are in the mail, and now I just have to wait for a couple of days to hear back. PLEASE send out good vibrations for me!
And what I am REALLY hoping is that I can convince my mom to come out in June after Iris's wedding rather than waiting until July. My next blog post will have to be lots of very convincing photos and a list of things to do that would take more than three weekends to accomplish. And, did I mention that Chris is an excellent cook, and that she would not have to lift a finger in the kitchen? :) And that we have a big desk for writing novels? And that is BEAUTIFUL here in the summer?
How am I doing?
P.S. Nealon had a fever last night and this morning of 101. So, the Doc says he definitely has a virus. Poor guy has not been feeling his best. But hopefully he will recover quickly.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment